Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Nerdy scarf-hat

When I drew my brother-in-law in my family's Christmas gift exchange, I was stumped.  I was actually a little bummed that I didn't get one of the gals.  I envisioned myself crocheting a pretty hat or scarf.  Something girly with floral embellishments.  What on earth was I going to make for a 20-something guy? Luckily my youngest sister came to the rescue!  She described her husband as someone that is cool enough (and cute enough) to pull off something dorky.  She asked if I could make him a nerdy, bright colored hat with a huge pompom on top and two scarves for earflaps.


After I finished it and mailed it off I worried and fretted and stressed about it.  What if instead of being nerdy in a good way it was just lame?  Luckily my sister knows her husband a lot better than I do and she was right--he is cool enough (and cute enough) to pull it off!  And he really seems to like it!

my brother-in-law and nephew in their hats


No comments:

Post a Comment