Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oma Slippers

A sweet gal in Indiana gave me the opportunity to make slippers for the first time!  I have another pattern I've been anxious to try out, as soon as I finish up with orders, and these whetted my appetite for more slippers!



I used this pattern for Oma House Slippers by Mamachee.  This was my first time using one of her patterns and I would definitely recommend them!  It was well written, easy to understand and even with (many) distractions I was able to finish one slipper in a couple of hours.  As a note, I used one of my favorite yarns, Caron Simply Soft and did not check my gauge (let's be honest, I'm lazy and I never do that step).  My first completed slipper, made with the size K hook for women's size 9-10 came out too small for me (I wear an 8 1/2 or 9).  Instead of adjusting my gauge I decided to use an L hook and use the largest pattern size and they came out perfectly!  I also used puff paint on the soles to help make their naturally slippery bottoms slightly more non-skid.

1 comment: