Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wrist warmers

My baby sister's birthday was at the beginning of December, when I was in the throes of panicked gift crocheting.  She was super understanding when I asked if I could move her gift to the end of my queue and finish it up after the holidays.  (Isn't she great?!)  Aside from not liking giving a gift that late, I hated to put it off because I was so excited about it!  I saw a picture on pinterest that really got my crochet juices flowing: wrist warmers (or gauntlets or long cuffs or fingerless gloves).  No matter what you call them, I had this picture in my head of how awesome they would be and my sister is definitely cool enough to pull them off.  After much debating, I settled on a peacock blue/green.  I used Caron's Simply Soft--I love this yarn!  After searching through free patterns online I realized that nothing was quite what I wanted and the only issue was making sure they weren't too small and having the right number of stitches for the shells.  Easy!  



I absolutely love how these turned out!  My eldest daughter was immediately smitten and has requested a pair of her own, in blue.  I think I may need a pair too...

1 comment:

  1. You definitely picked just the right thing to make for her ... she's totally right, you are the best big sister ever!

    ReplyDelete