Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Animal Hats

I had a lot of fun making hats for my kids and was pretty excited when I got quite a few orders from friends.  Now I could keep working on my hat-making skills and the results would actually be enjoyed!  
First up was a sock monkey hat for a handsome little guy in Indiana!
Matilda loves to model the hats
we decided it definitely needed a pom pom on top

And there were a couple more owls--one for a little girl headed to Japan and the other for a little girl in Colorado.


I had already been altering the patterns for a better fit and to suit my aesthetic preferences, so the next logical step was to make one of my own, right?!  As requested by another friend in Indiana, I worked up kitty cats for her daughters!
(I actually made a sister hat in pink but failed to take a picture before I mailed them off.)

Now that I know I can do it, I'm definitely going to be doing more animals of my own design.  Bunnies, puppies, who knows what I'll do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment