Sunday, October 16, 2011

The start of something fun

After I made baby boy's owls for the valance, toy fox and car seat toy, I was ready for a break from amigurumi.  The weather had cooled just enough for me to imagine fall was just around the corner.  With summer on its way out, I figured it was the perfect time to dust off my rusty skills and work on some hats. A sweet friend in Indiana asked if I could make her a pumpkin hat to use as a photo prop so I had my first challenge.  It took quite a bit of searching, but I finally found a free pattern that wasn't completely awful.  I think the results were pretty cute!
free pattern found here
Bolstered by my success, I stumbled upon a great resource: patterns for sale on Etsy!  I was able to pay for only the patterns I wanted (a lot of books I found were full of items I just wasn't interested in) and a lot of sellers have specials so it is cheaper to buy a few at once.  3 kids means 3 patterns, doesn't it?  I let the girls browse with me and pick out their own and, of course, my Teddy had to have a bear.


Pattern found here.
Made for personal use. I am not licensed to share this pattern or sell the results.
I was pretty proud of how they turned out but did not expect anything except comments about how cute my models are (I admit, I'm pretty biased).  Instead I got quite a few orders!  

No comments:

Post a Comment