Monday, October 17, 2011

Sidetracked by the broomstick

I have a few more posts already written, waiting to be published.  I've finished 9 orders but I still have 2 more to complete before I can start on the items for the craft fair next month.  So you'd think I'd be crocheting hats.  But you'd be wrong.  I have been sidetracked by the broomstick stitch.  I am in love with this stitch! 
I cannot seem to find my magnifying lenses so this is as good as it gets.  Arg!
It's fun to do and it is so pretty and delicate!  The first time I attempted it, the only thing I had that was remotely the right size was...a broomstick.  

Granted, it was a child's size broom but it was still a bit awkward to hold.  So when I started this project in earnest I got a size Q hook which was much more manageable. Personally I think the results are a tad sloppy but since I made it for myself it's not as big of an issue.  
Something I discovered: it is really difficult to take pictures of your own arm!

Now I've worked out the kinks and the next time I do it will be even better.  And, best of all, now that I've finished this cuff I can stop thinking about it and get back to my hats!

1 comment: