Friday, October 21, 2011

Designing My Own Basic Hats

Now that I knew I could handle designing an animal earflap hat, working up a pattern for basic hats without faces or ears would be a cinch!  This was a lot of fun because I got to play with different stitch patterns and embellishments.  I think I have the basics figured out now so I can do anything from baby hats to adult hats.  My friend in Indiana will soon be receiving a baby hat with rose embellishments and a front-post/back-post pattern.


And because this little girl will be starring in a lot of her mother's photography work, she needed something pretty and girly!  How about a delicate earflap hat with a shells design?



She also wanted a hat for her son so I made a basic earflap hat with a stripe and brim.
Adelaide was not thrilled to be wearing a "boy" hat but her head was the right size!

I'm hoping to work on a lot of variations on these themes to sell next month in Chesapeake.

No comments:

Post a Comment